Dream Journal of Cole Robinhood by Glenn Russell




I recall Borges writing of a parallel universe where everything is the exact opposite of what we term "reality" - the virtuous are the greatest perpetrators of vice, the poor are rich and the rich are poor, dark is light and light is dark.

Perhaps something of this logic holds when it comes to dreams.  But what if one becomes lucid while dreaming?  We'll see...

2/1/2022

Early morning dream -- hotel - dance floor- dancing-city map-criminal underworld 

2/2/2022

Dream involving a property with various strings of money and I'm wondering why one string can not be resolved. 

Nap - Warm Bliss Body 

2/9/2022

Morning dream where I'm selling a biology textbook to a group of Bedford men and women!  I feel OK - I'm not lucid so I don't realize I shouldn't be here - I'm many years retired!!

2/10/2022

I have a deep, deep sleep.  In the middle of the night I sense I'm not aware and the scene I'm in (I don't recall the details - although it wasn't a nightmare or anything too nasty) - and I shout out and wake up.

I have a morning sleep where I feel I'm entering the luminous clear light with golden bliss body. 

2/13/2022

I have a disturbing dream where I'm at the Toms River movie theater and many people are crowded in lobbies and lower rooms and everyone wants to go home.  But it is raining very hard.  I know I'll have to walk home in this rain.  I wake up (sort of) and feel my body is "off" somehow, not my usual feeling of bliss.  I feel like my body is being pressed unpleasantly all over.  I call out to Osho to help me - a type of Guru Yoga.  This surely helps but I still feel that unpleasantness in my body.

I take this whole experience as a signal to change a few things in my everyday experience: take off that heavy blanket - change my diet (less kratom and more fruit and vegetables) along with more attention to the practice of lucid dreaming. 

Additionally, I take this to be a profound experience since the dream prompted me to call out to Osho for help - a critical step when we are in the Bardo after death (a teaching I listened to just a day ago).  The power of the Guru's enlightenment can enter us and we can, in turn, become enlightened.  

2/14/2022

Using Steven LaBerge's technique, I remembered my dream last night, replayed the dream back in detail, entered the dream again and experienced the details as lucid.  So here's the dream: I'm in the cellar with Terry and some of the electrical equipment and wires catches fire.  I persuage Terry to leave the cellar, to race up the steps to safty.  I replay the dream, see all the detail, race up the stairs with Terry (and change to other women one at a time).  Go to a room for safty and relax with my partner.

2/15/2022

Again, using the Steven LaBerge technique, I reenter my dream of being with a conservative guy reviewing an application where he makes a distinction on race.  I soar up in the building that now doesn't have a roof.  I land back down in the chair.  The guy is stunned.  I soar again and this time I bring the guy with me, have him soar also and on the way down I change him in to a Japanese camacazi.  Try making a racist comment now, bro!  Anyway, I change him back into himself so he can reassume his seat.  We sit down together and reevaluate the form.  

Dream that Terry put goldfish in two small tanks.  I transform the tanks into one huge tank - the goldfish enjoy their swim much better. 

2/16/2022

Some man is holding a pool cue in an aggressive way.  I snatch it away and turn the stick into a vajra, first the size of the pool cue than reducing it to the size of a normal vajra.  Trangu Rinpoche holds the vajra and the man and I look from outer space as Rinpoche changes the Earth into a giant, shinning dimond vajra.  The man is dumbstruck.  I'm enjoying the scene.

A man has two sets of genitals.  I take one set and set them on Leonardo's Vitruvian Man and then turn the man and everything around into Sacred World as if on a mandala. 

2/17/2022

I'm interacting with a guy who has serious mental problems (some would call him mad).  He seems like a nice guy and when I reenter the dream I shower his with flowers - a sweet, soft touch. 

2/20/2022

I'm in an artist studio.  The artists, three in number, are women who show me a bookshelf where there's one book written by Jean Arp on other innovative artists.  One of the women artists retreats to her bedroom and prepares to take a shower.   

2/21/2022

I'm in a scene from Connie Willis' Passage.  Somehow I have a knowledge of life and death and people are pressing me to share my knowledge. 

In a circle of desks in a classroom.  A teacher teaching something bordering on meditation/yoga/spiritual experience jumps up and starts trotting around the room behind the desks in a circle.  He asks me a question and I likewise get up and start trotting/dancing around the desks. 

When afterwards we are face to face I tell him I am a yogi.

I reenter my dream and levitate as well as circle the desk.  Not a bad effect!  And when I'm face to face with the teacher, I desolve all into blissfull light - bliss body. 

2/24/2022

Have a dream where I'm engaged in a project where we stop at Chestertown, MD as the halfway point.  

2/25/2022

Dream where I'm dealing with one form but I need a second form to complete. 

Vivid early morning dream where a man is about to shoot a malard duck at close range. I see the duck fly off into a tree.  I approach the tree and can make, via compassion, a deep connection with this duck.  I take this as a sign that our developing our own compassion for one another, even animals, is a vital step for our own development, our own enlightenment.  

2/26/2022

Dream where I look at a computer screen with someone we see a pattern.  He tells me I know the pattern.

Watch as a group of men play a combination croquet and field hockey with croquet mallets.  

2/27/2022

I have an extended dream with detail about forms becoming more refined and completed.  

3/3/2022

Dream with detail where I'm discussing with John McGlade a thin novel about Near Death Experie.   

3/8/2022

With Black Man, running to catch train and we have to tap our Septa Cards before we get on.

3/9/2022

A small black and white dog comes up to me with its teeth bared. 

I'm with a guy in New Jersey.  We're on a job.  I take a car ride through a couple of towns in late afternoon.  I eventually drive on a large freeway with no sidewalks but plenty of large houses on either side.  I drive further.  It is approaching dinner time.  I stop at a diner but when I go inside with my ten feet worth of stuff piled up on my bicycle, the entire diner is stuffed with people waiting in line.  These people also have 'regular' bicycles.  I think of giving the guy I'm working with a call to let him know I'm all right and will be back in the evening. 

3/13/2022

A doctor says I have to vomit.  He gives me a large glass of water with a solution that will help me vomit.  He takes me to a room where there is a large rectangular hole, the sides made of tin, where I am to vomit into.  I become slightly lucid, enough to know I feel perfectly fine and I have no need of vomiting. 

3/22/2022

Dream where I watch a large group of men on motorcycles, very dreamlike.  I become slightly lucid and transform the motorcycles into light panthers so the riders can become enlightened.  

My whole approach to reading books and writing about books is about to take a quantum leap.  Beginning in April, the first novel to be reviewed, Nicholas Royle's First Novel, will receive this more careful treatment.  

3/31/2022

Dream with Colin as blonde nine-year-old (so cute and lovable!) and Dr. Gerland, of all people! 

4/1/2022

Dream with Colin, age 12, where the is a large hallucinogenic pellet in the soil of a potted plant.  I have a sense of the hallucinations it brings on.  Then Terry arrives on the scene. 

4/3

Dream with Detail - I'm in California and our region (not necessarily publishing) is combined with the Western Region and their manager has really done things up in a Hollywood lavish way, including the food.  I'm sitting at a table when a guy I know walks by, his nose all bandaged up, his arm in a sling, and talks about how he was clobbered.  Then a long line of people walk by, many I know by sight and who greet me, including Drew Atkins of High School Football world (he was the quarterback). 

4/8

Dream with detail - I'm at a gallery where many artists display their work.  It has something of the county fair about it.  Colin has some of his excellent art on display.  The judges, country folk, award the top art prize to a painting of a country house - such a conventional, realist country setting and house - I think: No wonder this mediocre piece of crap won the top prize!  Meanwhile, they award my own art that looks like it was painted by an accomplished impressionist artist.  I can hardly believe my own drawing (pastels) since I tell them I am a writer not an artist.  

4/23

I see a man come in through a door into the room where I am.  He's wearing a sweater.  I observe the sweater, not his face, only his sweater.  I'm enjoying the sight of the sweater and I become slightly lucid.  I wonder how I could enhance this scene when I wake up. 

4/26

Collection on Island

Actor, a large woman with black hair, performs a monologue as a nun in a theater -- I write the time of the show on a blackboard - she erases and writes the time larger

4/27

Terry tells the family story every year at Christmas

Riding a bike on a highway back to Wynnewood when the scene shifts and I'm on a bus with a family of three kids, older sister, two younger brothers.  I tell the parents the advantage of having an older sister is that she can babysit.  Then I reflect that I have a bike and suitcase but can't remember where I put it (perhaps in storage on the bus?).  The bus makes its way to Center City Philadelphia and I wonder where we go to claim what we have in storage.  

5/4

Dream with Lama Glenn Mullin.  In one scene I see Lama Glenn in extreme pain.  In another scene he and I are talking about the phases of enlightenment and darkness.  It feels good speaking with Lama Glenn, being in his presence.  

Dream where there's a board game and then two figures, game pieces in the shape of a man and a woman, begin to move, to become animated.  I begin to become lucid but only for a short time before I wake up.  

5/6

There's one scene where I'm in a hospital and I've undergone a procedure (in my stomach area or hip area?) and I tell the nurse that I've experienced pain over the last days (although, in fact, I can't remember any of the pain or being in the hospital previously.  Nor am I experiencing any pain now). 

5/12

Have a dream where I'm overlooking a town and become lucid.  I transform the town into Blisstown so everyone in the town can feel intense bliss.  I fill myself with intense bliss. 

5/20

An unsettling dream where there's a crazy combination of sex and food. 

5/24

Unsettling dream with two scenes:

1) Several groups of twenty or so skinheads walk along looking to discharge their violent impulses. 

2) Four very white, very thin fifteen-year-olds hold their breath underwater for hours as evidence of their extreme racism -- I didn't become lucid but this impossibility of holding breath underwater could have been a dream sign to make me realize I'm dreaming and become lucid within the dream. 

5/30

Woke up while still sleeping. Practiced Sleep Yoga and felt deeply at peace. 

5/31

Woke up in morning but with the Clear Light still with me in the form of a Dark Peace with Sweet Nadam.  

********THE END********

 

CONTINUED UNDER 'NADA YOGA AND LUCID DREAM JOURNAL' - STARTED JUNE 2022 IN SEPARATE THREE RING BINDER NOTEBOOK  





 

Comments