Moderan by David R. Bunch - New-Metal Mistress Time




NEW-METAL MISTRESS TIME

What's a leader without his perfect mistress and a forever lover? In the world of Moderan man, science to the rescue! Anything and anybody can be fashioned out of steel and flesh-strips few. Just put in your order!

We read: "MY DREAM was the pedestal woman, part imagined, part actual and always walking away. But now was my chance! To have THE DREAM! From old memories, long-carried tight-held, I had sent in the specifications to the new-metal mistress shop, along with the photos I had with great effort and tedious pains kept safe through all danger and despair - heart-shatter, mind-havoc, even unto world destruction, the conflagrations of war. And now, for my Stronghold haven, to have the Dream in a package that I could take home with me! Has ever man had more?"

What's the result and ultimate experience with his new metal-mistress? One of the more humorous parts of the book, as per: "Oh, God! was I sailing a kite in a pinhole, was I riding a vernal moon in a summer storm, all snow; was I scratching the lobes of my ears with the second joints of my toes? WOW! and WOW!! Were all things impossible, possible now?... jug-jug-jug, phu-phu-phu, bam-bam-bam, jug-jug-jug, gaaru-gaaru-gaaru, phu-phu-phu, gaaru-gaaru-gaaru - possible now...? All the people who had written and overwritten about this thing - in the Old Days - old Mailer and Hemingway, say - had they been right all along? I believed now that they had (for the tiniest moment in all the world, I believed) garu-garu-garu, wham-wham-wham-bam-a-bam-wham - WHAAMMM-A-BAMM-WHAAMMM - OOOh-OOOhhh-OOOOOhhhhh-OOOOOOOHHHHH - uh..."

Moderan man even puts Mailer and Hemingway to shame (you gotta love David R. Bunch's referencing the two kings of American he-man sex who also happened to be first-rate writers). The daydream of nearly all flesh men - to have a beautiful lover always in love, a lover that never changes over time, forever beautiful, forever available, forever at peak performance, forever his.

Comments