Indestructable Union by Virgilio Piñera

 

Paradise Design Sculpture - Human Forms | Sculpture, Couple sculpture, Outdoor  sculpture 

Never one to hold back, here's a tale from the master, Vigilio Piñera -

INDESTRUCTIBLE UNION
Our love is going from bad to worse. It's slipping from our hands, our mouths, our eyes, our hearts. Her breast no longer takes refuge in mine and my legs no longer run to her. We have come to the most terrible thing that could happen to two lovers: we turn away from each other. She has taken off my face and throws it on the bed: I have taken off hers and violently thrust it into the space left by mine. We won't watch over our love any longer. How sad for us to go our separate ways.

Still, I haven't given up. I see a simple solution. I've bought a drum of tar. Having guessed my intention, she undresses in the blink of an eye. Immediately, she submerges herself in the viscous fluid. Her body undulates in the black thickness of the tar. When I figure it has impregnated the deepest recesses of her body, I order her to get out and lie down on the marble tiles of the garden. I, in turn, submerge myself in the saving tar. A burning sun blazes over our heads. I lie down at her side; we join in tight embrace. It is noon. Making a conservative estimate, I expect that by this afternoon, we will have consummated our indestructible union.

Comments