Zoran Živković

 


Serbian author Zoran Živković at ease in his apartment in Belgrade.

I so much love ALL twenty-three novels by Zoran Živković. I've posted reviews for each one, such a delight. And via an email exchange these past few years, I've come to cherish Zoran's friendship.

Between 1993 and 2016 Zoran wrote twenty-two novels. And here we are today and I had the privilege and joy to read and write a review of Zoran's new novel - The White Room, a special novel for a number of both literary and personal reasons.

After I sent Zoran my review, he was kind enough to write back to me:

Dear Glenn,

It's just beautiful!

I have read many reviews of yours and they are all very good, but you review of The White Room is something truly special: very insightful, very intelligent, very illuminating, very charming indeed. It is such a pleasure and honor for a humble author like myself to write for such an exceptional reader like yourself.

Thank you so very much!
Zoran

--------------------------------

I've dedicated my creative efforts these past nine years to writing book reviews - no novels, no poetry, just reviews. To date I've written over 1,200 comprehensive book reviews, from Plato and Schopenhauer to Henry James, Philip K. Dick, Magda Szabó, Martin Amis and Milan Kundera.

With my review of The White Room, I have a strong feeling all of my writing and creative energies these past years contributed to writing a review that Zoran's new novel truly deserves.



My sister snapped this photo eight years ago.  I look much wiser nowadays!    

 

Comments